The iPad is rapidly becoming a must in homes with kids of all ages and already making its way into classrooms. Why are tablets so popular with kids? Will they replace the PC, the TV or not? What opportunities are there for content producers to create or extend brands? What is so special about tablet experiences and how do you create compelling interactive content? How big is the market and can you really make money? Get answers to these questions and many others from a panel of key players who have produced and marketed some of the bestselling kids apps in the world.
Youth Media Alliance held the next Children, Youth & Media (CYM) conference, on November 17 and 18, in Toronto. One of the highlights of the 2 day conference was a discussion on iPads and Tablets featuring the following panelists:
- Martha Hadley, PhD, Managing Director, Michael Cohen Group, and Co-PI, Ready to Learn Evaluation (RTL), funded by the US Dept. of Education, Office of Innovation and Improvement
- Ben Grimley, Senior Director, PBS Game and App Publishing, PBS Kids
- Caitlin O’Donovan, Director of Interactive, Corus Entertainment
- Miles Ludwig, Managing Director, Content Innovation Lab, Sesame Workshop
- Pierre Le Lann, Cofounder and Co-CEO, Tribal Nova
More details on the program here .